Shaping the future
Create value and
Delivering a flexible
Building a better
MS SQL Server 2008 for BI Training
This course focuses on the new features SQL Server 2008 R2 for BI specialists. BI Professionals who have 3-4 years of experience with SQL Server. This audience has an understanding of how to use SQL Server 2008 BI tools to implement a BI infrastructure.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and configure PowerPivot for Excel and PowerPivot for SharePoint.
- Use PowerPivot for Excel to create a PowerPivot workbook.
- Use Data Analysis Expressions to build formulas in PowerPivot.
- Use PowerPivot for SharePoint to manage PowerPivot workbooks.
- Use the enhanced Reporting Services management tools
- Use the enhanced Reporting Services authoring tools
- Collaborate with other report developers by using shared datasets and report parts
- Use the enhanced Reporting Services development API
- Create reports that include visualizations of spatial data
- Describe scenarios where Complex Event Processing can be used effectively
- Describe the core concepts related to Microsoft StreamInsight
- Create a StreamInsight Application
- Use Filters and Aggregates
- Implement MDS Business Rules
- Export MDS data
- Secure MDS
- Create a Business Rule
- Exporting Data to a Subscribing System
- Use the Dallas cloud-data service
- Use the StreamInsight Debugger
- Use Utility Control Points to manage BI database server resource utilization
Mode of delivery: Fully instructor-led classroom or online training
Duration: 35 hours