Big Data is here to stay,join in !
UNIX secures system, Will secure your career too !
The Future of enterprise computing is here, where are you?
Get ready to manage SAP landscape with us!
Manage growing database and grow your career with us !
SAP (HANA) High Performance Analytic Appliance Training
Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator - Part 1 (OCSA) Training
The Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Part 1 course (formerly Sun Certified System Administrator (OCSA) provides information about the essential tasks of standalone installation, file system management, backup procedures, process control, user administration, and device management. Learners enrolled in this course will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to perform these essential system administration tasks in the Solaris 10 Operating Environment.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and upgrade Solaris 10 OS SPARC, x64, and x86-based systems from CD / DVD
- Describe the architecture of the UNIX operating system
- Manipulate and organize files and directories including UFS, ZFS, Virtual file systems and core dumps, also mount and un-mount Solaris 10 OS file system
- Perform system boot and shutdown procedures for SPARC, x64, and x86-based systems including Service Management Facility and the phases of the boot process.
- Perform user and security administration
- Manage network printers and system processes
- Develop a strategy for scheduled backups, and backup an unmounted file system
- Install, configure and patch Solaris systems using jumpstart, live upgrade, and iSCSI
- Implement patch management using Sun Connection Services including the Update Manager client, the smpatch command line, and Sun Connection hosted Web application.
- Manage storage volumes
- Communicate with other users on a system using the mail and write commands
- Use of the vi text editor to create and modify files
Mode of delivery: Fully instructor-led classroom or online training
Duration: 30 hours